Sunday, July 6, 2014

I'm Married - Woo Hoo! + Snorkeling Videos

About three years ago I met Rhonda Mason on a date in downtown Boston. I knew almost instantly that she was the one for me, but it naturally took some time to convince her that I was the one for her. When we were dating, Rhonda helped me find my current marine biology professor job in Florida. After I interviewed and got the job I asked her to marry me and move South. She said yes! We were fiances for two years, then on the 21st of June, 2014 we had a big, wonderful wedding near her hometown in New Hampshire. I am SO HAPPY!



For our honeymoon we decided to do it by car, since we already live in the tropical paradise of Florida, and we could take more water toys with us that way. (Shortly prior to the wedding we had replaced my red rusty minivan with a fresh blue minivan with working AC - luxurious!) The first couple nights we stayed at the Hampton Inn at Manatee Bay, Key Largo. In seagrassy Tarpon Basin behind the hotel is where I shot this snorkeling video. We also snorkeled on the reefs near Key Largo from the charters at Pennekamp State Park.

Keys Tarpon Basin 2014 from James Douglass on Vimeo.



For the second part of the honeymoon we stayed further west at Parmer's Resort on little torch key (see hammock picture).

 photo 10382327_10204394261082498_6730461576568736967_o_zpse39bece3.jpg

We snorkeled near shore at Bahia Honda State Park, on Looe Key Reef via a charter boat, and at Fort Jefferson after riding out to that Historic Fort island on the Yankee Freedom II ferry. This video, mostly shot by Rhonda is a compilation from all our reef snorkeling trips.

Florida Keys Honeymoon Reef Snorkeling 2014 from James Douglass on Vimeo.

4 comments:

PeconicPuffin said...

Congratulations James! Marriage is great (and it's work, but it's worth it.) Wonderful news!

boardsurfr said...

Congratulations! Love the snorkeling videos with annotations :-)

Frank said...

Hope you have a long wonderful marriage!

Congratulations

Anonymous said...

here in new zealand we can somtimes
see whales go past kapiti island
and even SHARKS!!!!